Monday, May 24, 2010

Blogging experience

Has it been fun?

I have found blogging to be both rewarding and frustrating. I must say, I have felt satisfied when during the course of research, I have stumbled across a picture, podcast or video that I have thought would "look good on my blog". I also found the end product satisfying.

What have you enjoyed most?

I enjoyed adding pictures and 'bells & whistles' to my blog. Even though the 'bells and whistles' that I added are very primitive in comparison to most, I enjoyed adding them none the less!

What was the most difficult task?

I found that blogging was very time consuming for me. Working full time and having a young family means that my study time is unfortunately limited, so I found that when something wasn't working for me, (i.e. uploading a video) I got very frustrated with the amount of time I spent fiddling around with it. I also spent more time than I should have fiddling around with the blog's layout, colours and the various templates. Too much choice!!

Have you surprised yourself? How?

I guess I am surprised at how much I have absorbed over the course. I feel quite comfortable with the blogger dashboard, adding videos and pictures now. When I first started I was having problems just logging in!

Will you use any of these tools in the future?

I think blogs are great for showing information. It is a great way to document a project, keep distant family and friends up to date, share music and videos with like minded souls (just to name a few uses). I'm not sure if I will using it in the near future, but I'm glad that if I'm required to do so, I'll have an idea of were to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment